The Somerset Gardens Trust was formed in 1990, one of a growing number of County Trusts affiliated to the Association of Gardens Trusts. It is a voluntary organisation and educational charity working with garden owners, local authorities and the community in order to protect and care for the county’s parks and gardens. It is financed through members’ subscriptions, donations, legacies, grants and fund raising events.
The Somerset Gardens Trust:
- Records historic gardens, parks and green spaces throughout Somerset and advises on their conservation.
- Supports the protection of parks and gardens from adverse development and road improvement schemes.
- Encourages garden related projects and an appreciation of plants and gardens in schools.
- Organises talks and lectures on garden subjects.
- Arranges visits to gardens not normally open to the public.
- Publishes a regular magazine.
Click here to read about the History of the Trust